Social Worker, Children's Services (up to £49,890 per annum)
We value our Social Workers. At Royal Greenwich, we offer the right support at the right time to our Social Workers, to ensure they have the necessary skills, experience and a supportive working environment to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and their families.
With excellent training and great benefits, Royal Greenwich is the ideal place to progress your social worker career. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Innovative and supportive working culture with emphasis on professional development and staff wellbeing and manageable caseload.
- Generous annual leave allowance in addition to 'rota days' equating to an additional 10 days off per year
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements with good IT equipment
- Small teams allowing more direct support and supervision time from your Team Leader
- Ongoing professional development, including a minimum 50 hours protected professional development each year with our innovative Practice Academy
- Excellent pension scheme
- Essential car user free car parking (close to the workplace)
- Excellent Social Worker career progression scheme, including support from a Professional Educator
- Opportunity to attend different Staff Networks including Tackling Structural Racism, Future of Work or Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Reduced rate gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- GreenwichCard entitling you to discounts at local businesses.
- Opportunities to join cross-sectional staff Task and Finish groups to improve practice and procedures
We have strong social work values and well embedded corporate parenting principles with a robust commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Our small teams mean that you will be supported with regular good quality supervision to manage your own caseloads; and our Senior Leaders are supportive, visible and approachable.
Consistently Rated Good by Ofsted, we pride ourselves on having an innovative learning culture dedicated to improving outcomes for children, young people, care leavers and their families.
We are looking to recruit experienced, qualified social workers, who are registered with Social Work England, to join our stable and committed Children's Services workforce.
Royal Greenwich is a great place to live and work. Benefiting from excellent transport links ranging from Crossrail to the Elizabeth line to the Uber boat, we're one of the easiest boroughs to get to and navigate your way around.
Make a difference to our children's futures, your future and ours.
Applications to this rolling advert are reviewed every 2 weeks and shortlisted applicants invited to interview.
When completing your application please indicate your areas of experience within social care and explain how these meet the requirements for this role.
Please see the supporting job documents for the person specification requirements for our Social Worker Level 1 and 2.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.