About us & the role
Hillingdon is London's second largest borough, with fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines all local to us, so you can travel to work with ease and boasting over 20 square miles of scenic countryside, consisting of canals, rivers, parks and woodland. We're also home to some of the world's most renowned brands such as Coca-Cola and United Biscuits.
With an ambitious strategy we pride ourselves on delivering services that improves the lives of all our residents, businesses, and partners. Embarking on our journey of continuous improvement, we've set an agenda to ensure the provision of; safer communities, a thriving local economy, a greener more sustainable environment, whilst increasing our digital capabilities throughout the Borough.
Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do! We want talented individuals like you to share our aspirations for the borough, supporting us to deliver exceptional services for Hillingdon.
We are looking for a part-time, Seasonal Customer Service Assistant, reporting into the Golf Shop Team Leader, to work in the golf shops at Haste Hill and Uxbridge, which are located within these beautiful parkland golf courses in Middlesex. Please be aware, the salary for this role will be pro-rata to the part time hours, and the contract will be a seasonal contract, rather than a permanent post.
What will you be doing in the role?
You will be assisting permanent members of staff with the daily operation of the shops, including dealing with customers and general administration of our beautiful and popular courses when the business dictates. You will be required to cover staff's annual leave, days off and absence as part of the role, so you will be an integral part of the team. Additionally, you will be responsible for the administration of online tee bookings, collection of green fee income and promoting the sale of accessories and equipment, including the hire of trolleys, clubs and buggies. Customers are excited to come to play golf and visit the shops, and you will be a an important part of their day, supporting them with their needs and promoting us as a golf course of choice!
Why not find out more about our golf courses and to view some images of what to expect, please click here!
What do we look for from you?
We are looking for someone with experience in a retail and/or customer service environment. Whilst it is not essential, it is desirable if you have a first aid qualification.
You will ideally have a sound knowledge and a passion for golf; the use of equipment and understanding of golf etiquette within the game. You will need to be flexible with the hours that you work and must have a willingness to work weekends, bank holidays and evenings as these will be a necessity to the needs of the business. You will have a satisfactory level of customer service experience as you will be working in a front-line customer service environment to suit the needs of the business.
A valid driving licence is essential to the role as you will be required to travel between the golf courses.
You will need to answer questions in the application form which will demonstrate how you are the one we are looking for! Please ensure that to do this, you read through the whole job profile and person specification attached.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
Good work life balance
- 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement - minimum 25 days a year + bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years' service and for more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a 36 days plus bank holidays)
- Career breaks
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools across the borough
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
- Local Government pension scheme
- Childcare schemes for working parents
- Access to a Credit Union
- A variety of offers and discounts from Vivup Benefits
- Immediate and ongoing medical advice from qualified nurses and occupational health professionals through our absence service
- Contribution towards eye tests and lenses
- Access to a wide range of training and courses
- Discount on a variety of adult education courses run by the council
- Payment of professional fees where these are required
- Apprenticeship programme
Support and counselling services
- Free 24-hour confidential advice and counselling line, plus legal advice service for staff and their immediate families
- Free chaplaincy service for all faiths offered to council staff
- Mental health first aiders
Travel to and from work
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Free car parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
If you want to discuss this opportunity please contact Paul Glozier, Golf Shop Team Leader, at
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.