Salary range: £22,370.40 (pro-rata) p.a. inc.
Contract: 15 months Fixed term
Start date: August 2023
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic Centre and other locations from time to time
Get ahead as a Customer Service Apprentice at Brent Council
Brent Council is committed to the continued expansion and development of all apprenticeship programmes for our residents. Our apprenticeship schemes at Brent is just one of the ways we grow our own talent within the borough. We work hard to represent our community, and are looking for likeminded people to join us. Working in Wembley Park, alongside our neighbours Wembley stadium, Wembley arena, Box Park and LDO, makes Brent an exciting location to work.
There is no age limit on an apprenticeship. An apprenticeship can be used for people starting out on their work life journey at the age of 16 or those changing a career for a different working life.
At Brent we will be pay you a LLW salary, whilst you train and attend university.
Working in the Corporate Contact Centre Environment & Neighbourhood team. Providing a professional first point of contact and working effectively and professionally with internal and external colleagues to resolve customer enquiries, complaints and transactions covering a range of up to five specialist Council services which may include: Recycling and Waste, Switchboard, Children and Families Information Service, Environmental Health and Environment and Protection amongst others.
- To take ownership and appropriate action to resolve enquiries within agreed levels of empowerment across a range of channels including phone, email and social media.
- To efficiently and effectively search, utilise and update a range of databases and IT systems accurately to resolve customer enquiries, award discounts, process payments, log complaints and handle transactions in accordance with protocols for data entry and compliance.
- To work effectively both individually and as part of a team to ensure a quality service is provided to customers in a continually changing environment
- To keep up to date with legislative, policy and procedural changes in order to deal effectively and efficiently with customer enquiries, complaints or transactions
We are looking for someone who is a keen to learn, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service as well as having good written and verbal communication skills
- A people person who is great at problem solving
- A team worker with an interest in developing a career in customer service.
You will also need to show your interest in local government and the delivery of public services. As well as a flexible and positive approach to work.
English and Maths GCSE L4 or Grade C and above or the Functional Skills equivalent.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is desirable as well as the ability to learn a range of IT systems and databases.
Here is a link to the Apprenticeship Standard that you will be working towards https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/customer-service-practitioner-v1-1
Simultaneously undertaking a comprehensive study programme towards your Customer Service apprenticeship. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills which will be an asset to the council and your career. Our apprenticeship scheme offers significant assistance with training and provides the opportunity to improve skills for future career opportunities.
Closing date: 2 July 2023 (23:00)
Supporting information required: As part of your application, please include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role, without this information your application will not be progressed.
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org