This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated professional with experience of providing information, advice and assistance to members of the public and/or fellow professionals, to join our Families Information Service.
Families Information Services provides a wide range of information to parents, carers, children, young people and professionals in other service areas. You will be responsible for ensuring information about relevant services, events and resources is readily available and promoted where appropriate.
You will manage information through the Synergy database and will use a variety of means to promote information to the public via, social media, website, via outreach and useful publications.
You will be experienced in working directly with members of the public and have very high customer service standards. This role entails taking the service to the public and working with/networking with the childcare providers and possibly attending evening meetings to deliver the service.
We encourage early applicants as we will consider earlier close and interview dates depending on applicants received.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional customer service skills with clear verbal and written communication.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of data analysis and providing management information.
- A good understanding/experience of the care and educational needs of children in an Ofsted registered childcare setting (nursery or childminder).
- The ability to work at pace and switch between tasks whilst maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Experience of working under pressure and to strict deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Experience of working effectively and in co-operation with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Experience of liaising with schools, parents and officers effectively to achieve positive outcomes.
- Experience in working within an information service or early years team for a Local Authority.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or has the equivalent relevant work experience.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Further information about the DBS can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs