About Us at Hounslow
We’d love you to join us at the London Borough of Hounslow! Our people are deeply committed to providing excellent services to our residents, doing all we can to make lives as good as they can be.
We are an outstanding council, serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet, and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place and full of potential. We are stepping up for our residents like never before.
About our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We live by five core values: Lead with Heart, Do New, pass on the Power, Harness the Mix and Be a Rock. All our work has equality, diversity, and inclusion at its very heart, best articulated in “Harness the Mix”. It's about breaking down barriers between our parts and people and unlocking the problem-solving power of our amazing mix of minds. We serve a diverse community; we have a diverse workforce, and we are committed to being an inclusive employer.
We work hard to create representation across our workforce and leadership community, we have thriven employee network groups and our learning and development programmes help us lead, model, and breathe ways of working that eliminate inequality, inequity, injustice and bias.
As part of this and under our commitments as a Disability Confident Employer, we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates. There’s space for you to tell us what you need within our application form.
If you join us, you’ll have access to a range of employee benefits.
About The Role
We are looking for a resilient team player to join the Hounslow Council as a Health and Safety Advisor for the Housing Planning and Economic Regeneration Directorate.
You will help maintain and implement our health, safety, and wellbeing management system across the council and be the designated H&S Professional for the Housing directorate and services. We have embarked on the exciting journey to revitalise our health, safety, and wellbeing culture within the organisation and are in the process to implementing a newly revised long-term HSW Strategy. We strive to continuously improve and protect our colleagues working on the frontline, on-site and hybrid.
To be successful in the role you will need the minimum requirements listed below:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent qualification).
- GradIOSH (or equivalent professional membership).
- Education and Training Award or equivalent
About The Team You’ll Be Working In
This is a great opportunity for you to join our dynamic Corporate Health & Safety team passionate about protecting our colleagues and services users accessing our sites. Some additional key activities beside the general day-to-day queries and advice and you’ll be involved is conduct audits, design and deliver training, review incidents, accidents and near-misses, conduct and review workstation assessments. You will report to the Head of Health and Safety as well as work collaboratively within the team and across all our directorates.
If the points below resonate with you, we’d love you to put in an application:
- Provide sound health, safety and wellbeing advice and have experience in working with and advising on the CDM regulations, Building Safety Act, Fire Safety Act, etc.
- To support managers in their understanding and use of the risk assessment process to ensure all significant risks are properly and proportionally assessed and recorded.
- Develop and deliver in-person and virtual training on a range of health and safety topics.
- Review health and safety performance for Directorate and conduct regular health and safety audit in line with ISO 45001 standards.
- Ability to communicate credibly and effectively in writing and in person inside and outside the organisation at all levels on complex/technical or organisational issues.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications and experience of using online health and safety software.
When Interviews Will Be Held and Who to Contact
The key information you need about the role should be in the role profile, but if you have any further questions about the role, please contact:
Telephone: 020 8583 2173
Interviews for this job will be held during week commencing Tuesday 17 October.
To apply, please click “Apply Now”.